Training & Facilitation
I offer two programs for groups or teams: HeartMath® Resilience Advantage™ and Activating the Heart of Teams™. Both programs are an active learning experience, providing an evidence-based, practical framework of self-regulation tools and resilience-building practices that dramatically help individuals gain more poise and clarity in the face of stress, challenge, and adversity; yet they have differences. I’ve outlined the programs below. I am happy to have a conversation with you to share in more detail and assist in determining what approach would best serve your team and achieve your goals.
Workshops can be scheduled in a variety of time frames to suit the needs of your organization and staff. Programs can include a component of 1:1 mentoring sessions for participants in the 6-8 weeks following training.
HeartMath emWave® technology is used in the training for immediate visual feedback. Programs can include Inner Balance™ Bluetooth® sensors, with a free app, for participants.
Measurable outcomes are achieved through pre and post assessments.
The Resilience Advantage Program
Through research and simple tools, technologies and compassionate inspiration, The Resilience Advantage workshop teaches practical day-to-day applications that elevate our life experience, adding heart qualities of care, courage, focus, gratitude, dignity and kindness. These attributes ignite passion and inspire performance – turning average days into exceptional.
These same tools provide the much-needed emotional and mental strength required to face defeat, resignation, fear, anxiety, frustration, and other challenges. This is the essence of Resilience.
Participants learn up to 6 evidence-based techniques they can use eyes wide open, on-the-go to diminish toxicity of stress in the moment, noticeably reducing negative influence of external events and circumstances. The simple, science-based techniques can be used any time, anywhere, while fully engaged, to calm reactive emotions.
With your needs and wants in mind, I will advise best practices in the design of your workshop experience. The program includes development of competencies that lead to:
- Increased personal resilience and energy levels
- Leveraged ability to think clearly under pressure
- Increased ability to discern appropriate solutions to problems
- Diminished symptoms of personal and work related stress
- Enhanced ability to maintain composure during challenges
- Improved family and social harmony
- Reduced fatigue and exhaustion
- Increased access to intuitive intelligence
A pre and post Personal and Organizational Quality Assessment is included for illustration of training outcomes. Modules include:
- A Deeper Understanding of Resilience
- The Physiology of Coherence
- Strategies for building and Sustaining Resilience
- Practical Intuition
- Relational Energetics
- Coherent Communication
- Establishing a New Baseline
- Strategies for Building Resilience Capacity
Activating the Heart of Teams Program
Activating the Heart of Teams is designed for intact teams. In the program, participants explore skillsets for building team coherence specially designed to help them increase connectedness, achieve greater team harmony and enhance their intuition for approaches to solving problems and making decisions.
In a psychologically safe environment, participants will experience active learning cycles exploring means to better manage emotional undercurrents, relational discord and challenging situations. The program includes development of competencies that lead to:
- Increased team harmony
- Fewer mistakes and errors
- Faster, more accurate and creative decision-making
- Shorter meeting times
- Increased positive energy and sense of well-being
- Enhanced collective intuition for increasing creativity and finding solutions to problems
- Increased sense of well-being and appreciation of collective action
- Collaborating from a more inclusive perspective
- Establishing new baselines for sustained change
A pre and post Team Coherence Assessment is included for illustration of training outcomes. Modules include:
- Moving from Discord to Harmony: Coherence is Key
- Accessing Collective Intelligence
- Relational Energetics: Lifting Team Energy
- Raising Personal Vibration for Team Effectiveness
- The Power of Positive Energy and Attitudes
- Creating Flow in Non-flowing Situations
- The Art of Coherent Communication
- Activating the Team’s Heart Qualities and Values
- Creating Your Team’s Coherence Plan
- Additional Topics: Sources of Relational Tension, Resistance to Change, Close-minded, In-group/Out-group Tensions, Neutralizing Drama, Finger-pointing
- Experience co-regulation & compassionate care
- Recognize your innate wisdom and intelligence
- Increase ability to self-regulate
- Appreciate your resilience
- Practice Heart coherence to heal and overcome
- Find reasons to be hopeful & motivated
- Create an inclusive environment
- Align teams with organizational goals
- Increase retention - reduce absenteeism
- Increase efficiency & productivity
- Enhance interpersonal relations
- Reduce healthcare claims costs
LAW ENFORCEMENT / MILITARY
- Prevent operational stress accumulation
- Increase clarity and focus under pressure
- Optimize resilience and performance
- Enhance ability to maintain situational awareness
- Improved reaction times and coordination
- Align leadership and staff with facility mission
- Increase retention - reduced absenteeism
- Improve patient satisfaction
- Enhance interpersonal relations
- Acquire more balanced care vs over care
- Maximize concentration, focus & mental clarity even under pressure
- Improve motor coordination, reaction speeds & endurance levels
- Reduce muscle tremors
- Enhance perceptual clarity, improve decision making on & off the field / course / court
- Increase intuitive synchronization with other team members
- Improve self-regulation; reduce fear, performance anxiety, worry & frustration
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
‘'Meg is outstanding!!! Her advice was detailed, on point, and grounded in experience. As a professional trainer, it is rare to come across someone who adds so much value. She ROCKS!!! I definitely want to follow up with her to learn more!''
— Patrick Fouche, 2020
‘‘I in particular was very pleased with Meg’s presentation and found it to be very helpful. Last year I was experiencing panic/anxiety attacks which caused me to have severe heart palpitations. I found her presentation, in particular the Freeze Frame technique she taught, to be very helpful and to come in handy when we face difficult situations. Unfortunately, we do endure a lot of stress at this job. The stories we hear are very hurtful and can very easily bring one anxiety and stress. (HeartMath) techniques are very helpful for this line of work and for everyday life really. I will be sure to use them and remember what Meg taught us when we face those types of situations.’
— Anonymous Injunction For Protection Attorney – Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 2020
‘Before learning HeartMath techniques for increasing resilience, I had many challenges identifying and proactively targeting areas of my life that caused me stress and negatively affected my well-being. Having gone through several years of psychological training for building my mental resilience, I recognized that none of the psychological training methods I had encountered had a fully developed and structured format for easily understanding methods of action. Many of the methods I was using were also not entirely effective or useful for a variety of situations.
Regarding my mental game, I felt very frustrated with how I was progressing because I believed I was doing all the right things and putting in the most effort I could, however, I never experienced any noticeable changes in my emotional resilience.
When I first tried HeartMath I honestly did it to please my coach, for at the time I had become quite frustrated with all the psychology methods I had been using, and believed HeartMath was not going to be any different from a standard psych sesssion.
The first thing I recognized when using HeartMath techniques was that, compared to the other mental resilience methods I was using, targeting emotional resilience was much more comprehensible - as I could see a change in coherence levels and heart rhythms when I encountered depleting or renewing emotions while using HeartMath technology.
HeartMath is different from other methods because it is structured and fully comprehensible. I found that for every stressor I presented to Meg in training sessions, there was always an answer in one exercise or another. As life presents various forms of stress, HeartMath resilience presents a variety of exercises adapted to confront each type of issue in an organized and adaptable fashion.
Since practicing HeartMath, I’ve seen tremendous improvements in my mental performance and overall well being; along with this has come better results. I recommend Meg and resilience coaching to anyone who needs a tangible strategy to experience a break through in any facet of life.’
— S. B. player - USF Men’s Tennis Team
‘‘When first introduced to HeartMath, I had no clue what it was about. After learning some of the techniques, my attention was quickly piqued. Naturally wondering how the techniques would benefit me personally, I soon discovered how the practice could be so useful for my co-workers and myself as a team. Practice of the techniques helps me with every day stress, on the job and at home. I believe this training should be taught in the Police and Fire Academy. The academy teaches signs of stress, but no tools to specifically deescalate the stress, in the moment. I like the HeartMath Resilience training so much, I’ve been teaching the techniques to my wife and practice has helped her think more clearly at work and at home, as well.’’
— Ofc. Albin Quinones - Tarpon Springs Police Dept.
‘‘With 20 plus years of clinical executive experience in roles of CEO/COO/CNE, facilitating change and enhancing organizational clinical and financial indicators of performance, it is with great confidence I recommend Meg Hogan, licensed HeartMath® trainer, and the Resilience Advantage™ program to healthcare organizations seeking sustainable improvement in recruitment and retention of a highly effective workforce delivering superior patient satisfaction.’
— Dr. Revonda Cornell, RN, BSN, MS, Ed.D
‘Thank you Meg for all you have done for us at Cops n Kids. The training and techniques have truly had a positive impact on everyone here. I have also begun to teach some of my family members. Thanks!’
— Josh Casey, Program Director - Cops'n Kids Youth Center Tarpon Springs, FL